A number of southern Westchester students are among the 18 Westchester semifinalists in the Intel Science Talent Search 2011. There are 300 semifinalists nationally for the prizes handed out by the Intel and Society for Science & the Public, billed as “America’s oldest and most prestigious pre-college science competition.” Semifinalists, selected from 1,744 entrants, receive a $1,000 award from the Intel Foundation with an additional $1,000 going to his or her respective school.
Local honorees are:
• Anirudh Krishna Gorti, 17, of Mamaroneck High School
• Grace Eleanor Phillips, 17, of Mamaroneck High School
• Ruth Dorothy Kagan, 17, of Scarsdale High School
• Quanquan Liu, 18, of Edgemont High School
• Lawrence Wu, 17, of Edgemont High School
• Evin Samuel Feldman, 17, of White Plains High School
Finalists will be announced Jan. 26 and winners named March 15.